Entry: The starting field is limited to 500 runners. Entry fee is
$76. Entry on Jan 1, 2016 is $85
Waitlist: 300 runners
Deferrals: We do not defer entries.
Entry refund until I JAN 2016 is $50
Entry refund until 1 MAR 2015 is $40 unless the waitlist is
cleared, then no refunds at that point.
1. Absolutely NO Transferring of bib numbers.
Registered runners only! This is critical to the safe tracking of
all participants and the future of this event. If you are caught
transferring or selling your bib, using a pacer or running as a
bandit, you will be barred from future events.
2. Time Constraints will be STRICTLY enforced. These are not
suggestions and are no longer up to the discretion of event staff
or participants. A runner MUST LEAVE an aid station ahead of cut
off times. If you do not make a cut off time, please hand bib
number to course marshall. The aid station captain will see that
you have a ride back to race HQ. Anyone who finishes the race
after 8:30 will be listed on the official finish with No Time.
3. Race number must remain visible on the front
torso at all times.
4. You must stay on established trail. You are not allowed to
leave the trail or make a new trail to shorten the course.
5. Listen and comply with all marshals, event staff and park
6. If dropping from the race you must turn in your number the Aid
Station captain, course marshal or Race Directors.
7. No littering. This should go without saying, but this is not a
road marathon, do not throw your trash on the ground. The Maryland
State Parks is kind enough to give us a permit to hold this event
each year. Littering of any kind will make the permit process more
difficult than it already is. In addition, you will be
disqualified for littering on State Park property.
8. No race day signup.
9. No deferrals.
10. No Pacers and No Bandits.
11. No hiking poles.
12. No Dogs for runners. Remind your guests, dogs should remain
out of aid stations.
13. No Early starters. Race starts promptly at 0900, leaving
before the official start is grounds for disqualification.
14. No Headphones.
A waiting list will be maintained for entrants 501-750. Entrants
will be added on a first come first served basis as the original
entrant pool is reduced by withdrawals.